Hi, My name is Debra. How may I assist you?
I’m sitting here- frustrated. Monday through Friday I answer customer calls. If there is one request I can pass on, please think about what you are saying on the phone.
1. Speak clearly – pronounce your words.
2. Do not talk fast – speaking slower will help with pronouncing your words.
3. Speak directly into the phone.
4. Identify yourself – provide name, account number or order number.
5. Voice volume – do not yell or talk softly.
6. No eating while on the phone – this includes while you are on hold. You can still be heard!
The person you are calling will greatly appreciate your courtesy during the phone conversation if you have followed the above 6 tips.